Sunday, July 9, 2017

Time Well Spent

No automatic alt text available.


Have you ever attended a write-in? It can be a great way to jump start a project, or get unstuck in your current work. It really puts the energy back into your writing life.

This last Saturday our group sponsored one instead of our regularly scheduled meeting. The above picture is an example of the set up and from a few years ago. This time met at one of the local libraries in a reserved room. People brought snacks to share and whatever writing instrument they prefer to use.  

It's not all work and no play. There is catching up to do with each other, encouraging each other, all in a caring and supportive atmosphere. 

I believe the whole idea for these gatherings started with National Novel Writing Month. They encourage regional participants to attend write-ins as a way to up work count and get to know each other. That's where I first learned about them anyway. I've attended several over the course of my writing life and always came away with renewed dedication to my craft.

It doesn't have to be a large group. I've posted on Facebook on several occasions that I would be writing at Panera or a local coffee shop and usually one or two fellow writing friends with make an appearance. 

I encourage you to give it a try whether you are in a writer's group or not. I'm sure you will benefit from the experience. 


6 comments:

Shirley said...

I love going out to write. It gets you awY from all the things you could be doing at home. Allows you to concentrate on your project with no interruptions

Unknown said...

I love write ins. Yesterday was fun

janet Kay Gallagher said...

Enjoyed meeting with all of you. Kike Wanda I come away with more ideas and plans to write more.

Kathy said...

Thanks for the blog Wanda. You hit the subject on the head very well. I usually get more done at one 3 hour write-in than I accomplish over a week at home! Sometimes two weeks! lol It was fun. Too bad the rest of the group will never know!

Angela Drake said...

Write-ins are an awesome venue for recharging the muse. Creative Blessings

Tierney James said...

I love these kind of events. They get the creative juices flowing and some much needed writing time.

March Meeting

    Schyrlet Cameron-  Schyrlet is half of the writing team CC Brown. CC Brown is the pseudonym adopted by the two sisters,  Schyrlet Camero...