Join us for our First Annual JANO sponsored by Sleuths’ Ink. Kick off the new year with a built-in resolution and end the month with a novel in hand.
Here are the rules:
*Write a 50,000-word novel during January (31 days)
* This equals 1,613 words per day
* Don't take time for edits
* You may plot or outline your novel in December
* You may start a biographical character sketch in December
* Write in your favorite genre
* Add 50,000 words to your current WIP if you wish (just post your current word count)
* No actual novel writing UNTIL Jan. 1, 2010
* Start your coffee machines (or tea kettles)
To register and report weekly progress, sign up at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/janowriters/
Writers who are not members of Sleuths' Ink are invited and encouraged to join us. We'll report our progress and ask participants to read their beginning pages at the January 9 Sleuths' Ink meeting. We're also planning a celebration at the end of the month. Write on!
Marilyn Quigley is professor emerita of English at Evangel University where she taught 32 years. She was director of composition there and...
Unfortunately, Springfield is no stranger to murder! I'm listing what I consider to be the top three murders in our local area. Of cours...
Join us for our First Annual JANO sponsored by Sleuths’ Ink. Kick off the new year with a built-in resolution and end the month with a novel...
SOUP TO NUTS As a writer I've always been interested in articles about the process of getting work out there. This isn’t intended as ...